We all know the importance of thoroughly training employees, whether
it be in workplace safety issues or critical HR topics such as sexual
harassment or discrimination. Now, to help you get the most out of your
employee training program, BLR® has created "The Instant Trainer," a
series of five free webinars specifically designed for trainers looking
for best practices and solutions to the common problems that affect
everyone's training efforts.
The program kicks off this Thursday, Feb. 25, with "Train the Trainer," a 1-hour session aimed at helping your organization's trainers understand how to assess, identify, and develop effective training.
The sessions will be conducted by Peggy Cretella, an editor and project manager with BLR who has developed various training products in print, electronic, video, and online format, and Patricia Trainor, a legal editor for BLR’s human resources and employment law publications who has years of experience representing employers and school districts in labor and employment matters.
Be sure to mark your calendars for these invaluable training aids:
- 2 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 25 -- Train the Trainer. Effective training of employees is essential in today’s workplace. Few people come to a job knowing exactly how to do it in a safe and responsible manner. For these reasons, effective training is more important than ever. But trainers themselves need to be trained, to increase their effectiveness and their comfort level with the job. This session will give you the tools to help you understand how to assess, identify, and develop effective training.
- 2 p.m. Thursday, March 4 -- Building the Best Training Program: Your One-Stop Learning. This exclusive webinar will show you how to create—and run—an effective learning program that motivates and trains your workforce to be the best in your industry. This guide is a one-stop training resource. Use it to help you become a trainer who makes learning an engaging and enjoyable experience for your trainees. Employees will look forward to learning new skills and reinforcing old ones, and managers will look forward to the increased profits that your well-trained workforce will produce.
- 2 p.m. Thursday, March 18 -- HR Training to Avoid Lawsuits, Audits, and Fines. We will walk you through how to develop a training plan for legal compliance, choose the most effective training techniques, and conduct an effective training session. Training topics include sexual harassment training, discrimination, and safety training. Our training experts will also address training for supervisors and new employees, and recommended ethics training.
- 2 p.m. Thursday, April 1 -- Does Your Safety Training Make the Grade? Self-Audit for A+. A lot of time and effort has probably gone into your company’s training program. What is the result? A+ or F or somewhere in between? During this session, BLR training experts will walk you through the critical areas of review to make sure you are driving the best training program you can. Once we’ve walked through each section of your program, we’ll help to identify the remedies and next steps for issues found along the way and provide you with the tools you need to improve even the most complete program.
- 2 p.m. Thursday, April 8 -- Tips for More-Effective Safety Training.
Effective training is about more than just the course material.
Engaging the audience requires smart choices about how to deliver your
courses, encouraging participation, and how to most effectively follow
up. In Tips for More Effective Safety Training, BLR training experts
will walk you through identifying and implementing the critical
supporting details to make your safety training program really stick.
Whether your a trainer, manager, or supervisor, and whether your
field is human resource or environment, safety or health, these free
1-hour sessions will help you become the best trainer you can be. Go here for more information and to sign up for some or all of the presentations.