It's a new world of recruiting in 2012, and every employer needs to stay ahead of the curve. Who's doing what in the real world of recruiting?
- Which recruiting sources are working best in 2012?
- What recruiting methods are most popular?
- Is social media really the best way to find great candidates?
- Should you do Facebook and Google background checks?
- What are the biggest concerns recruiters have?
The results of the survey, gathered from responses from nearly 500 HR Daily Advisor and HRhero Line readers, indicate that along with referrals from current employees, jobs boards of various types are the dominant sources for finding new employees.
Some other interesting findings:
- 19% of recruiters visit candidates’ social media pages
- One third of employers do Google or similar searches on candidates
Top challenges of recruiting include:
- The difficulty of finding qualified talent
- Attracting candidates when low salaries are offered
- Too many unqualified resumes/candidates
- Relocation issues, in particular, attracting candidates to remote/less desirable worksites
- Lack of time