Your managers and supervisors probably have strong leadership skills--or else why would they be their positions in the first place? They help employees deal with accelerations, strategic changes, about-faces, decelerations, and many other difficult adjustments workplaces face year in and year out. They are the frontline managers that manage the full complement of staff you employ.
But no manager or supervisor is faultless. All need reinforcement of good management practices, including how to coach their staff, write effective business communications, lead through a changing workplace strategy, manage remote staff, and so much more. Their professional challenges are quite demanding. The return on investment of training your managers and supervisors, whether they are newly promoted to the position or seasoned veterans, is easy to document, given the impact on productivity, morale, and liability. Effective training developed with sound instructional design techniques enables your managers to enhance and refine their skills, and simply do their jobs better.
BLR’s award-winning Employee Training Center has recently launched a new training library: Leadership for Managers and Supervisors. It provides tools and information to managers and supervisors to improve management, leadership, and business skills. The library includes:
• Business Writing Skills for Supervisors
• Dealing with Change: How Supervisors Can Help
• Motivating Employees: Tips and Tactics for Supervisors
• Effective Communication for Supervisors
• Conflict Resolution and Consensus Building
• Workplace Ethics for Supervisors
• Encouraging Employee Input
• Negotiation Skills for Supervisors
• Time Management for Supervisors
• Professional Behavior: What Supervisors Need to Know
• Performance Goals for Supervisors
• New Supervisors' Guide to Effective Supervision
• Problem Solving for Supervisors
• How to Manage Challenging Employees
• Coaching for Superior Employee Performance: Techniques for Supervisors
• Effective Meetings: How-To for Supervisors
• Leadership Skills: What New Managers and Supervisors Need to Know
Many more courses are also being developed for this library—such as Training the Trainer; Teambuilding; Communicating up and much more--and will be added at no additional charge to subscribers. Invest in your managers and supervisors by teaching them the essential skills they need to do their jobs--you’ll be glad you did!
Click here to see more about this library, to get a free trial, or to speak with an account manager.
Also—coming soon—Leadership for Employees Library!